Wednesday 4 June 2008






Waking at 0500h this morning, with Heidi starting to shout loudly, I nudged Rachel and asked what time her last feed was, as I must have missed the event during the night.

A bleary eyed R stated that it was at around 2130h so she had gone through for seven or more hours without waking. Or at least we did not hear her, which would be rather unlikely given the circumstances.

Feeling rather happy for Heidi (and ourselves hopefully for what was to come) I had a bath and listened to Farming Today and then The Archers pod-cast on my MP3 player. A few slices of bread and marmalade at 0600h and this was washed down with a coffee.

Heidi by now had nodded off again, full of a leisurely breakfast, looking very content indeed.

Today was my planned trip in the great Torbay HiFlyer balloon which has arrived for 5 years on Torre Abbey Meadow, on Torquay seafront. It is £14.00 to go up to 400 feet for 15 minutes and we are soon whizzing along the seafronts towards this spectacle. Once parked up, a couple of pimply, but surly youths, whom I assume are staff (or “Ground Crew” as I suspect they are known) mumble it is too windy and that I could come back later. They give me a flyer with a telephone number on to check the flying conditions.

We meet up later at Yates Wine Lodge in Torquay with Emma, Kim and Hayley from the office. It is nice and quiet in there and we have a nice lunch. Our usual venue, Richmond’s, closed recently although Yates is more pram-friendly.

Heidi is beginning to grow now, her face is changing and her ways are becoming more and more child-like which is nice. She is only 21 days old so is a bit of a tiddler, but it is nice to be able to see her gradually develop.

No comments: