Wednesday 18 June 2008






Heidi and Rachel were away for Sunday, Monday and Tuesday night and returned this afternoon, batteries recharged or drained I am not sure which.

I came home to find that Heidi was just getting ready for a session in the tub and was nice to see a little plump infant in her pink night suit awaiting a cuddle from me.

She loves her bath times and does not comp-lain one bit, unlike Fred who did not like the water either at home or in the hospital. She will happily sit there, opening and closing her mouth listening to some din on the radio. Certainly not Radio 4, but it keeps her happy.

She received a pair of knitted bootees in the post from Kay, one of Rachel’s friends and at the moment she is wearing a pair of oversized Tigger slippers that Jamie at work gave us. Apparently girls never can have enough shoes….?

She slept well last night I hear (so did I after clearing up after my duck incident) so that is good news. I think she is around the time where they may start getting into a rhythm.

I did my duck last night, and as it is very fatty, it spat and smoked a bit too much in the oven. Taking the bowl out of the oven meant it sprayed all over the hob and the floor, so I tried to keep on top of that. I cleaned the floor down and a bit later knocked a bottle of oil out of the cupboard, which had a dodgy lid. I then have a slow gloop of oil coming out, so I throw the bottle into the garden, out of the back door.

I now need to scrub the oven as it is a mess and clean the floor for a second time.

I could not find any Chinese pancakes at the shops last evening, but located “Rice Flour Pancakes” at Morrison’s later in the evening. I had of course had to queue for petrol as well as I needed to replace the fuel I had used during Rachel’s absence. The last thing I wanted was for Rachel to eagerly get back into her car, only to find it was empty – as were the petrol stations.

Anyway, all ready to deal with my duck and crispy pancakes, I find these bloody pancakes are clear discs that need to be soaked first. I do this and find them to have the texture of phlegm, and be totally useless. Both packs go in the bin and I then fire up the wok for what actually turns out to be a tasty meal.

Rachel and Heidi are now resting in the living room watching television whilst I do this. It is good to have them home and Heidi really does get cuddlier each day.

No comments: