Sunday 15 June 2008

The trouble with this weather is that it is lovely from 0500h to 0900h and then it clouds over and then goes all cold for the rest of the day. Heidi is seriously thinking about emigrating once her eardrums and nasal cavities have grown up I think.

This morning I had a bath in the early hours again, but nip back into bed for a quick nap. At this point Rachel exits, and goes down to clean the overnight bottles, sterilise them and then make up some new feeds for the day. Then she's up for a wash, she sets her breakfast, and so once "all clear" in the bathroom I shall clumsily emerge for the final applying of hair products and a shave.

In the middle of this process a present from Heidi arrives in the form of a large bag of assorted chewy lollies. Many I have not seen since I was a kid so she must be rather clever. I start devouring them later on in the afternoon.

Over to mum and dads for some breakfast (only for me as I did not get around to it.) Dad likes his present of a flight in the balloon so we will all head across to Torquay sometime soon, whilst Rachel and mum are at the ground, we will rise high above them.

I drive Rachel up to Chagford as she has a dental appointment tomorrow, and so is staying for a few days. Once she can drive again - because of her caesarean - things will be a little more straightforward. Rachel normally flits between here and Chagford, as we tend to sometimes do our own things, so it works very well. Heidi gets a change of scenery too, and I can go to the pub in the week without wondering whether chaos is breaking out back at home. Perfect.

A good lunch of roast beef is followed by a rainy drive back where I read the newspapers on the bed and pop across to see a friend of mine.

Today I built a timber DVD storage shelf which is needed here, and despite the crummy instructions, it now stands in the corner of the front room happily. A real bargain from Wilkinsons which has just opened in Torquay. In Bristol we used to shop there for allsorts through choice and necessity. Normally wearing a headscarf and dark glasses I would emerge but this one appears quite funky really.

I am awaiting my chicken pieces out of the oven as I type this and look forward to an early night, with little disruption and with my radio on. Rachel, I suspect will have a slightly busier next few hours…..

No comments: