Friday 13 June 2008

Rachel has been doing the ‘blog for the last few days and so I took a rest. On Monday I ate too much Lemon Chicken which I was experimenting with in the kitchen, but it was nice. Tuesday night saw me go down to the pub for the first time in ages for a beer with Mark. Wednesday it was a “mixed grill” of what I could find in the freezer.

Normally Mark and I will head to the Wetherspoons, as it is central to both of us and we can have some grub quickly and find a seat. Tuesday night however we went to The Ship in Preston which has just re-opened after a refurbishment. I tucked in to the 16oz gammon which was nice (no egg sadly) and Mark had the Tex-Mex Kickin’ Chicken or something equally as exotic. Very nice too.

The beer was good there but we did venture up the road the Old Manor and that was good too. Saw a friend in there which was good.

Today sees the last day of my first week back at work. I set off this morning giving Heidi and Rachel a kiss and head off into the sun. It is going to be a hot one again by the look of it and I fidget with the radio as I speed along the seafront in Rachel’s car.

Whilst I am serving the public as best I can, Rachel awaits the Midwife who is due sometime, but who just rings and suggests her notes be dropped off at the surgery. These are Rachel’s notes, and cover the operation and after-care records and so we copy them just in case.

The Health Visitor appears in the afternoon. Heidi is weighed and she is now 10lb 3oz which I guess is not bad. I do keep saying that the weight of the infant must not become the focus and I’m sure Dr Spock would agree. Or would he disagree I cannot remember now but Claire will know. Heidi is predominantly on formula milk now and so we have changed to Farleys, which she seems happy with.

Rachel and the Health Visitor discuss how much Heidi looks like Freddie did which is nice. This morning I gave Heidi a book by Johanna Spyri – aptly named “Heidi” of course. She is one month old today and I thought she might like a little keep sake on the anniversary of her birth.

I come home from work to find a strange pair of shoes by the front door, and am pleased that Emily has come around to give Heidi a cuddle and help feed. She has brought with her a little hat as gift which Heidi is most appreciative of. We sit and chat for a bit catching up on the latest gossip before Emily heads off to work.

Heidi has her ritual bath and is happy listening to the radio in the bathroom whilst she bathes. Trouble is, I shall be fidgeting with the slightly dodgy tuning tomorrow morning trying to bring it back to R4, from our local radio station setting.

She is fast asleep at the moment, listening to Big Brother drivel having just her “before bed” feed at 2130h. She should just wake by 0200h for another feed and a snack at 0530h by all accounts, and then 0900h for the Farmhouse Extra Breakfast…….

No comments: